[openlp-dev] Editing the Online Manual

Lane Lester ll at lpl.pm
Mon Apr 11 09:19:05 EDT 2016

​
On Sun, Apr 10, 2016 at 1:15 AM, Tim and Alison Bentley <
Home at trarbentley.net> wrote:

> 5. Remove any references to versions of OpenLP in the manual.
> There are some places in the manual that still say 2.2 and some mention
> 2.4. Let's get rid of them.

​
I am starting to edit the *OpenLP Manual* files, and I see it's not just a
matter of deleting all instances of "2.2" and "2.4". For example, there is
this:

Since the OpenLP 2.2 release, new versions of OpenLP always ask if a backup
should be made of the data on the first run.

I propose this now read:

New versions of OpenLP always ask if a backup should be made of the data on
the first run.

It's obvious the last sentence in this section should be deleted:

=================
Projector Manager
=================

The Projector Manager allows you to remotely control a network-connected
projector that conforms to the Japan Business Machine and Information System
Association (JBMIA) PJLink specification. Available in OpenLP v2.2.

But should I also change "Projector Manager" to "Projectors" along with the
other changes to be made in the interface?

It seems this section:

OpenLP 2.4 supports Ubuntu 14.04 or later versions. There is currently an
older version of OpenLP available in the official Ubuntu repositories,
which can be found using the Software Center, but to get OpenLP 2.4 it is
necessary to add the OpenLP Personal Package Archive (PPA) to your system.

should be changed to:

The current version of OpenLP supports Ubuntu 14.04 or later versions.
There may be an older version of OpenLP available in the official Ubuntu
repositories, which can be found using the Software Center, but to get the
most recent versions of OpenLP it is necessary to add the OpenLP Personal
Package Archive (PPA) to your system.

This section raises a different kind of problem:

Windows
^^^^^^^

Find the OpenLP 2.4 folder in your Start menu. Choose the "OpenLP (Debug)"
option.

Will you be changing the Windows installation so the above will just say
"OpenLP"?

The FAQs have a number of version-specific questions, but I think I can
handle most of them. Some of them should be deleted at a later date.

Lane