[openlp-dev] Media plugin

Richard Graham richie.g at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 05:53:09 EDT 2016

Hi all,

I am using a semi-custom build of OpenLP as my church is using the
end-character thingy that I'm currently (albeit, slowly!) working on.
There was a problem a while ago with the media plugin – on Windows at
least – where it couldn't use VLC or something (I believe it was
related to updating pyQT; can't remember the precise details, but
that's not really important), so wouldn't play all video types.

My build was based on that code, so in preparation for yesterday's
service which used videos (yay for 'all-age' services * rolls eyes *
), I updated to the latest code. On the bright side, my custom bit
still worked, but the media plugin seemed to have vanished! I tried
the vanilla code as well, but it still wasn't there.

Used VLC externally as a work around, but wondering what might have
happened to the media plugin. Tried it on both Windows 8.1 (our main
machine) and Windows 10 (our backup and my dev machine). Is this a
known thing, or have I inadvertently discovered something annoying
(again)?

Blessings,

Richard.