[openlp-dev] Enable Max Height for non-text slides by default & default value

Ian Knight ieknight1101 at gmail.com
Fri May 6 08:03:07 EDT 2016

Hi All,

Was talking with Azaziah & we reckon it would be a good idea to change
the default value for 'Max height for non-text slides in slice controller'.

For those not familiar, this is a new feature in trunk that scales the
thumbnails for non-text slides, such as images and presentations so that
they don't take up the full width of the slide list in the slide
controllers and are capped to a maximum height. This means that even
with a wide slide controller, users will be able to see a number of
slides, not just the top of the next one.

The setting is found in the Advanced Settings tab and is currently
disabled by default.

We propose changing the default value to a max height somewhere in the
range 100-160px.

If you haven't already, I would encourage you to have a play with the
setting & reply with your comments on whether to enable the setting by
default, and if so, to what height.

--

Regards,

Ian Knight