[openlp-dev] Developer documentation

Raoul Snyman raoul at snyman.info
Fri Aug 18 02:02:07 EDT 2017

On 2017-08-14 2:04, Philip Ridout wrote:
> Hope this gives you guys something to think about!

Thanks for this reminder Phill! For the most part I agree, our
docstrings should indicate the functionality and the arguments of the
method. Sadly, I'm guilty of just throwing a short description in there
just to satisfy PyLint.

I'm not very hot on Python 3 type hints, to be honest (maybe I'm still a
little stuck on "old" Python), and I also dislike the :type <param>:
docstring style - I personally prefer just saying, "A string of the
path". But I totally see how it helps.

Better docstrings++

--
Raoul Snyman