[openlp-dev] Release Schedule

Tomas Groth second at tgc.dk
Wed Jan 11 10:41:58 EST 2017

Hi,

Den 11/01/2017 06:37 skrev "Raoul Snyman" <raoul at snyman.info>:

I've not been terribly connected recently, and I saw some chatter in IRC
about 2.4.5 so I wanted to weigh in where more folks can see (and have
their say).

I agree with the chatter about releasing 2.4.5. There are a few bugs that
have been fixed recently, and a bugfix release would not go amiss amongst
our most vocal users/supporters.

I have some importer fixes I'd like to push as well.

What date works for most people?

 - 22 Jan
 - 29 Jan
 - 5 Feb    (my personal preference)

5 feb for me as well.

Secondly, we really need to get back to the discussion about what we do for
2.6.

   1. Release 2.6 with current functionality (maybe we fix up some of the

>    small improvements) and target it for Easter

Can I ask what our current functionality is? What new features have we
added to 2.6 that aren't currently in 2.4? I like this idea, I just want to
know what we have in there, and if maybe we can add one or two more small
features and then do a major release.

There is a few features I'd like to get in before the 2.6 release:
 * Support for chords. This is almost ready, though I still need to
incorporate the result of html-help I got on this list.

 * Move from qtwebkit to qwebengine. I've started working on this with
promising results so far. If I can get it stable within a few weeks I'd
like to get it into 2.6.I also hope that this might fix the issues keeping
some users on 2.2...

   2. Add web updates into 2.8

I agree. API and new web remotes need to be delayed, we need some more time
with this.

   3. Target renderer to 2.8 or 3.0 depending on how long it takes to make
>    stable

I would say 2.10, or 3.0 (if things are upgraded enough) for a new renderer
(one of our most requested features is transitions)

As the core code is stable now should only fully function features be added
> so we can release a version each year.

I really want us to speed up our major releases. This is becoming
increasingly important, and bundling bug fixes into major releases means
less bugfix releases, and less duplicate work.

+1

/Tomas