[openlp-dev] Running Tests: trunk vs 2.4.x

Raoul Snyman raoul at snyman.info
Thu Jun 1 20:09:00 EDT 2017

Hi everyone,

It seems that a few people missed the announcement that we're using
**nose2** for testing in trunk, not nosetests v1. Please make sure you
have nose2 (it may be called nose2-3 or nose2-3.5 depending on your
platform and/or distro) installed and are running the tests with nose2.
nosetests v1 is no longer acceptable for trunk.

On Ubuntu or Debian:

   $ sudo apt install python3-nose2
   $ nose2-3

On Fedora:

   $ sudo dnf install python3-nose2
   $ nose2

I've made sure that the relevant wiki pages have been updated:

  - https://wiki.openlp.org/Development:Unit_Tests
  - https://wiki.openlp.org/Development:Running_Tests

Also, as far as I can tell (unless there's some major bug that crops
up), the next version of OpenLP will be 2.6 and there will be no more
2.4.x releases, so I'm going to change Jenkins over to use nose2 for
running the branch tests.

--
Raoul Snyman
+1 (520) 490-9743