[openlp-dev] QtWebEngine and Reveal.js: Help!

Raoul Snyman raoul at snyman.info
Tue Mar 28 19:33:48 EDT 2017

Hey everyone,

After our discussion about QtWebEngine and Reveal.js, I'd like to gauge
interest in actually making this work for 2.6. In order to get this into
2.6 and 2.6 out the door by the middle of this year, we're going to need
a lot of help. Note that this means that we'll need people who know
Javascript (without jQuery), and people who can do the Python work too.

The way I see us going about it is to actually embed a lot of the work
in Javascript inside the WebEngine view. This means that we can move
away from completely reloading the browser ever time a slide or a
service item changes. I think the more work we put inside the browser,
the faster our rendering will be. Remember, WebEngine is basically an
embedded Chrome.

Who is interested in making this happen? Reply with your skills (or
areas you'd be willing to work in).

--
Raoul Snyman
+1 (520) 490-9743