[openlp-dev] Re-arranging Settings

Olli Suutari suutari.olli at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 08:28:31 EDT 2017

Other ideas to consider:

a) Hide OS dependable settings, for example the ”Bypass X11 Window manager”
could be hidden on operation systems that do not use it and PowerPoint
settings could be hidden on Mac/Linux.

b) Add ”Search” and create indexes for searching the settings.

c) Automatically use the best settings for ”Players” based on operation
system, bundle VLC core with OpenLP and remove the tab.

d) Remove ”Use given full path for mudraw or ghostscript binary” since pdf
support is integrated anyways?

e) Combine ”backgound color” settings from ”Players” and ”Images” into one
setting.

f) Make the ”popup window” larger/scrollable and move some of the settings
to the same page and divide them to sections.

g) Move ”Alerts” setting to the ”Alert Message” window itself.

h) Add ”Show advanced settings” button/checkbox for showing/hiding more
settings?

Good Sunday to all,

Olli Suutari / Azaziah