[openlp-dev] Themes

David Wales daviewales at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 17:32:55 EDT 2017

I think the best thing would be to save the name of the font AND its font
type (serif or sans-serif) in the theme file when exported, then check if
the requested font is installed on theme import. If it is not available, a
warning dialog should be shown, indicating that the named font is not
available on the current system, and that another default font will be
used. A button on the dialog could allow a user to jump straight to the
font settings in the theme wizard so they can choose a replacement font if
they wish.

In the background, the theme file is not changed unless the user
subsequently changes the font themselves. It still refers to the missing
font. But OpenLP is smart enough to display a default font. Because the
style of font is stored in the theme, it should be possible to replace
serif with serif, and sans-serif with sans-serif.

On 11 Oct 2017 3:12 AM, "Jonathan Corwin" <j at corwin.co.uk> wrote:

On 10 October 2017 at 17:09, Jonathan Corwin <j at corwin.co.uk> wrote:

> If something needs to be done perhaps as someone suggested, a message on
> theme export along the lines of "This theme uses the Comic-Sans font which
> will need to be on the destination computer"

And perhaps more importantly, on theme import tell the user if the font is
missing, if OpenLP doesn't do so already.