[openlp-dev] QT 5.12

Raoul Snyman raoul at snyman.info
Mon Nov 12 17:58:04 EST 2018

Hey John,

On 2018-11-12 11:47, John Kirkland wrote:
> I recently upgraded to Mac OS 10.14, which introduces a new feature
> called,
> "Dark Mode".  OpenLP is visually unusable (white text on white
> background)
> when this theme is in use on the new version of MacOS, and this appears
> be caused by QT behavior (see URL below).
>
> https://blog.qt.io/blog/2018/11/08/qt-macos-10-14-mojave/

> Can we add QT 5.12, when it is released later this month, to the OpenLP
> 3.0
> activities?  I would be happy to help with testing/coding efforts
> surrounding this.

Two things:

  1. there's a dark theme in trunk (I added it for Windows and macOS
specifically)
  2. it depends on if Qt 5.12 will compile on older versions of macOS.

I typically stick a couple of releases behind with macOS because there
are a lot of churches that can't afford to upgrade to the latest macOS
all the time (i.e. hardware-wise).

If you want to test the dark theme, make sure that you have
QDarkStylesheet installed:

   pip install qdarkstyle

See https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~openlp-core/openlp/trunk/revision/2772

--