[openlp-dev] New Guy

Raoul Snyman raoul at snyman.info
Tue Oct 30 23:38:09 EDT 2018

On 2018-10-23 17:25, Kyle Nweeia wrote:
> Hi, I'm new here. Please let me know if there's anything small I could
> work
> on.

Here's something: https://bugs.launchpad.net/openlp/+bug/1800761

This bug has been creeping up a lot lately, and I think it's to do with
a change to SongSelect. From what I can gather, people now can register
free accounts to search for songs. These free accounts do not display
the lyrics or sheet music for the songs, which means that people think
they have access to SongSelect, but then they see this error and think
there's a problem with OpenLP, when in fact they do not have access to
the lyrics.

The SongSelect importer uses the CCLI SongSelect web interface. When a
person with a free account tries to load and import a song, the importer
presumes that the web element on the page for the lyrics exists, and
that's why this error is thrown.

   verses = lyrics_page.find('div', 'song-viewer lyrics').find_all('p')

Contact me off-list if you need a login for SongSelect and/or any
further details.

--
Raoul Snyman
+1 (520) 490-9743