[openlp-dev] (no subject)

Philip Ridout phill.ridout at gmail.com
Sun Jul 14 16:28:25 EDT 2019

About a month ago I came up against an issue to do with the way we handle
chords. The issue was that a user who I was importing songs for used
"[x/y]" to denote the current verse / total verses and the fact that we use
the chord pro format (which also uses square brackets), meaning that you
cannot use square brackets and chords in the same song.

I've been thinking about this, instead of the chord pro format, I think we
should use the method supported by OpenLyrics, that is a chords xml tag.
This should free up square brackets to be used however they feel fit. Which
begs the question how should the user  enter tags in the song editor. I
think I have come up with a solution. We use web view and contenteditable.
I have created some rather rough sample code (htps://jsfiddle.net/c8k31sp4/
<https://jsfiddle.net/c8k31sp4/>).

Maybe we can use web view for spell checking and perhaps some other WYSIWYG
functionality in the future?

Any thoughts?