[openlp-dev] Latest Alpha 1 Progress: 31 October

Raoul Snyman raoul at snyman.info
Fri Nov 1 01:32:09 EDT 2019

Hey folks,

Just another update about Alpha 1 here.

According to our milestone[0] in GitLab, we have 6 issues left to solve.
Well, less than that actually, a couple of them already have merge
proposals.

There is an issue that I need some help with, however. Issue #285[1]:
OpenLP creates a transparent layer over single display that captures all
input. I cannot reproduce this.

I investigated this on a single display system running Linux with KDE.
If you use a different desktop, or a different operating system, can you
try to reproduce this problem please?

Also, we want to be able to (almost) automate releases. If you'd like to
get your hands dirty with GitLab's CI and automating our build and
deployment process, please let me know.

Just to re-iterate: Our goal for this Alpha is to release a version of
OpenLP where most of the display-related features work correctly. So our
main push for this release is new Reveal.js-based renderer, Songs, Bible
verses, Custom slides, make sure presentations didn't break, and the
media revamp.

If you are not a developer, but you have some time and you want to test
OpenLP out, please use the UAT script[2] that John M. has written and
try to take OpenLP for a spin. Document each of the problems and bring
them back to the list so that we can sort them before logging any
issues.

I'm really excited to get an alpha out, let's make this happen!

[0] https://gitlab.com/openlp/openlp/-/milestones/1
[1] https://gitlab.com/openlp/openlp/issues/285
[2] https://gitlab.com/openlp/wiki/wikis/Testing/UAT_Script

--