[openlp-dev] Release schedule?

Bastian Germann bastiangermann at fishpost.de
Tue Jan 19 15:07:14 EST 2021

Am 20.10.20 um 00:55 schrieb Bastian Germann:
> Hi,
>
> Are there any releases planned? I would like to stress that the Debian
> bullseye Soft Freeze is on 2021-02-12:
> https://release.debian.org/bullseye/freeze_policy.html
>
> So, in order to have OpenLP 3.0 in the next major Debian release, and
> any subsequent Ubuntu releases it should be released by end of January
> at the latest. We should not miss that.

As nobody answered yet and the freeze date is soon, I guess 3.0 will not
make it into Debian bullseye. I would like to get a beta version
packaged then, based on
https://gitlab.com/openlp/debian-package/-/merge_requests/1. Would that
be okay? The 2.4.6-1 version that is in Debian still suffers from
GPL-2/3 incompatibility.