[openlp-dev] iOS app QR code in settings

Philip Ridout phill.ridout at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 06:26:04 EDT 2016

Hi all,

Long time!

On Mon, 18 Apr 2016, 07:13 Ian Knight, <ieknight1101 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I've put the QR code in the remotes settings in the branch
> lp:~knightrider0xd/openlp/ios-app
> <https://code.launchpad.net/%7Eknightrider0xd/openlp/ios-app>
>
> I'll submit a merge request ASAP, but am just trying to get the QR code to
> appear; I've added it to the resources/images folder & updated
> resources/images/openlp-2.qrc but it won't show.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ian Knight
> ian at knightly.xyz
> On 18/04/16 06:24, Daniel Borges wrote:
>
> Hi developers,
>
> Finally our iOS app has been approved by Apple this weekend.
> So, someone is available to put the qrcode in remotes settings, like
> Android app qrcode?
>
> The link of the app is https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1096218725
>
> Is attached the qrcode generated here: <http://www.qr-code-generator.com>
> http://www.qr-code-generator.com
>
> How about just having the one QR code on the remotes setting tab, which
points to a URL on the website. From there we could either redirect to the
correct store based on user agent, or we could display a page with the two
links and maybe other info, like a link to web app, or stage view. (Would
require js to get IP if that's possible?)

Either way, I think pointing this to a URL on our site is the way to go, as
we can then change what's at that URL, with out having to wait to release
an update to OpenLP. And it keeps the ui tidier and easier to use.

Phill