[openlp-dev] Default value for behaviour of next/previous slide action

Chris Hill chris at minkus.me.uk
Fri May 6 13:04:18 EDT 2016

Hi,

Since the topic of default settings has come up, can I raise the topic of
the 'Behaviour of next/previous on the last/first slide' option under
Settings/Advanced.

A number of OpenLP enthusiasts use wireless USB 'presenters' with
back/forward buttons to control PowerPoint and OpenLP slides during
services. At present it is necessary to change this option to 'Move to
next/previous service item' from 'Remain on Slide' to allow for 'hands-free'
use. I'm not sure whether 'Remain on Slide' is emulating another worship
package - however a few have commented that they always change this option
before starting use.

Are there any thoughts about whether this behaviour could be changed? It
also makes it easier to use OpenLP with Page Up / Page Down or Up / Down
keys without using Left / Right. It seems more intuitive to me.

Could someone explain the original decision - or should the default be
changed?

Thanks a lot,

--

'Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation;

the old has gone, the new has come!' - 2 Corinthians 5v17

chris at minkus.me.uk <mailto:chris at minkus.me.uk>