[openlp-dev] Optional Split Saga

Tim and Alison Bentley Home at trarbentley.net
Fri Aug 25 09:05:42 EDT 2017

To answer Ians question.
Optional split will split a verse only when it needs to be split due to a
slide not being able to fit the display. At present with out this the last
line would be added to a new slide. This is needed when songs run on
different text sizes and display sizes.
The Optional split is being added in 2.6 and will allow a verse to be kept
in section in the editor but then split at run time. For example for us a
hymn of 8 lines would kept in 2 verses as we display only 6 lines per
screen. Now we could store this in one verse and with the split decide at
run time to create two verses.