[openlp-dev] Android Release 7

Simon Hanna simon.hanna at serve-me.info
Tue Jan 3 02:12:03 EST 2017

On 01/02/2017 07:15 PM, Tim and Alison Bentley wrote:
> I have updated the apk file and tested on Android 6 so Settings now
> work the same as the current version.
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/9k2qma96qp6kyna/OpenLP-release.apk?dl=0

What I've found:
* The about text should probably get it's own activity
* The modal to enter an alert doesn't look very nice
* The error displayed when OpenLP is not reachable should be improved.
    (I know this is vague, I'm imagining something like google chrome
where you see an error and a button to refresh the page)
    Currently it spins indefinelty and displays the "toast"
    Live- and Stage-view show a webpage not available error.

I have done some android programming in the past, I'll try to get it set
up and see if I can help fixing some things...

otherwise it really looks good :-)

sidenote: would it be possible to deliver the "beta" builds using the
playstore? You can enroll people in a beta program,
and if I understand it correctly you can make it a private beta meaning
you get to invite the people to it.

Simon