[openlp-dev] Release Schedule

Tomas Groth second at tgc.dk
Thu Jan 12 06:18:00 EST 2017

> > * Move from qtwebkit to qwebengine. I've started working on this with
> >promising results so far. If I can get it stable within a few weeks I'd
> >like to get it into 2.6.I also hope that this might fix the issues
> >keeping
> >some users on 2.2...
>
> My only problem with this is that at this stage Debian still doesn't have
> a version of PyQt5 with QtWebEngine.

It should get there soon... According to
https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/pyqt5 the webengine package should be build
now... I'll let some actual debian users figure out why it isn't in the
repos yet ;)

Another aspect of using webengine is how to support linux distribution that
doesn't include webengine. Personally I think "snap" packages is the best
option, since it seems to be fairly widely supported, but I have no
practical experience using it.

> Which reminds me, I need to get the rest of pysword sorted out.

That would be grand :)

--
> Raoul Snyman

/Tomas