[openlp-dev] Release Schedule

Raoul Snyman raoul at snyman.info
Fri Jan 13 00:36:45 EST 2017

> It should get there soon... According to
> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/pyqt5 the webengine package should be
> build
> now... I'll let some actual debian users figure out why it isn't in the
> repos yet ;)

Yup, looks like it should be there soon. I'll keep an eye out for it.

> Another aspect of using webengine is how to support linux distribution
> that
> doesn't include webengine. Personally I think "snap" packages is the
> best
> option, since it seems to be fairly widely supported, but I have no
> practical experience using it.

There's also AppImage. AppImage is slightly more universal (it is more
like a macOS .app which includes ALL the dependencies) and doesn't
require an extra library to run IIRC, whereas Snap requires the Snap
system installed. Correct me if I'm wrong.

--
Raoul Snyman
082 550 3754
raoul at snyman.info