[openlp-dev] Changes to the default settings

Richard Graham richie.g at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 08:42:35 EDT 2017

On 18 March 2017 at 15:25, Olli Suutari <suutari.olli at gmail.com> wrote:
 . . .

> Enable: Display "©" symbol before copyright info
>
> - This is only visible when copyright details are included
>
> - This is not shown for authors
>
> - Since it's copyright we might as well show the "©" by default

What about Public Domain songs (or other songs that aren't
copyrighted)? They should still be shown as such, but do not need the
© logo to appear on its line. Perhaps a better way would be to put the
© symbol automatically in the field when adding songs in which can
thus be removed if necessary. Or, you would need to include a
different field in the song database to mark a song down as PD so it
wouldn't show the © symbol (which, although would probably be a better
bet, it would require a probably huge rejig of the database and
underlying code!)

(Apologies - the copyright of songs used in our sung worship is,
somehow, a bit of a bugbear of mine! Likewise, the fact that in
copyright terms, particularly with hymns, there is a difference to the
words and a tune, or the common misconception that 'the song is in our
hymnbook, therefore it is covered by our copyright licence'... Further
apologies for the digression!)

Richard.