[openlp-dev] Changes to the default settings

Raoul Snyman raoul at snyman.info
Sun Mar 19 13:19:56 EDT 2017

> I have always thought this was disabled by default because otherwise
> windows firewall will ask on first start if you want to allow OpenLP
> through (which looks bad unless you really know what it's used for and
> trust the authors).

You're right. It was just one particularly loud and obnoxious user who
brought it to our attention. Why your firewall would be blocking an
internal port is beyond me, but that's a discussion for another day.

>>> *Change number of recent service files to display from 4 to 10*
> Why can this be changed? There should be hard-coded default.

That's actually what I was thinking when I commented on it. I think
there is a UX scenario we need to take into account with huge menus
containing all the services you've ever run, but I'm sure we can set the
max at something like 20 or 30 so that it doesn't become overwhelming.

--
Raoul Snyman
+1 (520) 490-9743
raoul at snyman.info