[openlp-dev] Changes to the default settings

Mattias Põldaru mahfiaz at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 03:08:10 EDT 2017

Two replies below. Otherwise I mostly agree with Raoul.

Mattias

19.03.2017 02:14 Raoul Snyman kirjutas:
>> *Enable: Remote plugin by default*
>
> Fine by me. Only reason we disabled it was because of one particularly
> loud and obnoxious user.
I have always thought this was disabled by default because otherwise
windows firewall will ask on first start if you want to allow OpenLP
through (which looks bad unless you really know what it's used for and
trust the authors).

>> *Enable: Unblank display when sending items to Live *
>
> Not sure if I agree on this. I prefer users not being surprised. I'm
> not sure this is such a big issue, can you point me to where people
> have complained about it?
>

>> *Enable: Unblank display when changing slide in Live*
>
> Again, I'm not sure about that. I'd need to see a significant number
> of people objecting to the current default.
>

>> *Change number of recent service files to display from 4 to 10*
>
> Fine by me, I never use this.
Why can this be changed? There should be hard-coded default.