[openlp-dev] New/Undecided Bugs

Raoul Snyman raoul at snyman.info
Tue May 30 01:46:36 EDT 2017

Hi Timothy,

> I have a number of New/Undecided bugs in the OpenLP bug tracker (
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/openlp/+bugs?search=Search&field.bug_reporter=timothycooper).
> This isn't meant as pressure or anything, but I want to know if they're
> in
> a queue for someone to look at, or if they've been forgotten about.
> I've
> got at least one that's been untouched since I reported it this past
> January.  Again, no rush or pressure - I just want to know if they're
> waiting in line.  If they are, that's cool.  There are other higher
> priority issues to deal with, I'm sure.

As I'm sure you've heard before, we're all volunteers working in our
spare time between full time jobs, families, churches and other
commitments. We get to bugs based on severity, and features based on how
much work and who is interested. We've got bug reports and feature
requests in Launchpad from YEARS ago.

I personally do see all the bugs that are reported, I go through the
forums and the support system every day (detracting from precious
development time). There are various reasons why people might not
"react" to things like this, but the main reason is because it means
more work for an already over-worked and under-resourced team.

It's great that you're finding and reporting bugs and writing up feature
requests (and we do appreciate it!), but please just remember the nature
of our project and who we are.

--
Raoul Snyman
+1 (520) 490-9743