[openlp-dev] Relicensing as GPLv3+

Raoul Snyman raoul at snyman.info
Thu Oct 11 14:44:10 EDT 2018

On 2018-10-11 10:53, Bastian Germann wrote:
> I noticed the issue with pyenchant as well. Therefore I made it an
> optional dependency in my "setup" branch.

Yup, I saw. Tomas, Tim, I remember us looking at a possible replacement
for pyenchant. Do you remember what it was?

> The pymediainfo package is what is used by all major distributions,
> including Debian and Fedora. The maintainer and GitHub URL changed over
> time. Maybe this is what you mean. The MediaInfo package by laodifang
> seems to be abandoned and not used by any distro. pymediainfo has the
> additional advantage of supporting libmediainfo.

I just checked, and you are correct. Moving to pymediainfo should not be
a problem.

> I created a Debian python-vlc package at
> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=887565. Maybe you can
> get your Debian sponsor to sponsor it as well.

I'll see if I can poke someone to take a look.

> For a painless installation on Win/Mac via PyPI
> (https://blueprints.launchpad.net/openlp/+spec/publish-openlp-on-pypi)
> the PyICU dependency would need to be replaced. OpenLP uses its
> collation support which Babel should be a good replacement for. I would
> work on this if you think that is a good idea.

If you'd like to, please go ahead and do it. I only ask that you'd put
it into a separate branch and merge proposal.

--
Raoul Snyman
+1 (520) 490-9743
raoul at snyman.info