[openlp-dev] Relicensing as GPLv3+

Bastian Germann bastiangermann at fishpost.de
Thu Oct 11 13:53:56 EDT 2018

I noticed the issue with pyenchant as well. Therefore I made it an
optional dependency in my "setup" branch.

The pymediainfo package is what is used by all major distributions,
including Debian and Fedora. The maintainer and GitHub URL changed over
time. Maybe this is what you mean. The MediaInfo package by laodifang
seems to be abandoned and not used by any distro. pymediainfo has the
additional advantage of supporting libmediainfo.

I created a Debian python-vlc package at
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=887565. Maybe you can
get your Debian sponsor to sponsor it as well. I already reverted the
removal in the setup branch.

For a painless installation on Win/Mac via PyPI
(https://blueprints.launchpad.net/openlp/+spec/publish-openlp-on-pypi)
the PyICU dependency would need to be replaced. OpenLP uses its
collation support which Babel should be a good replacement for. I would
work on this if you think that is a good idea.