[openlp-dev] Replacement for Pyenchant

Tomas Groth second at tgc.dk
Sat Oct 27 12:09:01 EDT 2018

Hi,

Hunspell for Windows can be downloaded from
https://github.com/gromnitsky/hunspell-windows/releases
I'm guessing it can be installed anywhere since it is a zip-bundle.

Regarding pyenchant see my comments inline below.

Den lør. 27. okt. 2018 kl. 15.40 skrev Bastian Germann <
bastiangermann at fishpost.de>:

> /usr/share/hunspell or /usr/share/myspell/dicts on Arch.
>
> There is the chance that someone will continue maintaining pyenchant:
> https://github.com/rfk/pyenchant/issues/129
> The last message was 9 days ago. If there is no chance of autodetecting
> the hunspell dictionaries, maybe it would be better to support
> @kevswanberg in getting pyenchant back to life and version 2.

Our (OpenLP developers) main problem at the moment is lack of resources, so
taking on new projects is not an option for most of us. But of course I
cannot speak for you, so if you feel you have time and energy to help
maintain pyenchant, you will be most welcome!

> Another promising alternative: On the webengine branch you could work on
> integrating
> https://doc.qt.io/qt-5.11/qtwebengine-features.html#spellchecker

As far as I understand the webengine spellchecker only work with text
written a webpage renderer by webengine - it will not work for text editing
in normal Qt widgets.

Best regards,
Tomas

Cheers,