[openlp-dev] Output displays

Philip Ridout phill.ridout at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 07:49:12 EDT 2019

On Tue, 9 Apr 2019, 12:07 Tomas Groth, <second at tgc.dk> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> As you write, there have only been made preparations for adding support
> for multiple display, it has not been added yet, so in some sense this is
> still a hypothetical discussion.

In some sense yes, but I'm having to think of these scenarios as its
already complicating the screen handling code I'm working on. For example,
the live and preview controller preview widgets, what should their aspect
ratio be based on? What happens if one of the screens are a different
resolution?

A really great use case for multiple displays that a hardware splitter
> can't do is displaying multiple languages.

OpenLP can already be tricked in to using multiple displays, just set a
"custom geometry" that spans across multiple screens. Then multiple
languages would be configured to show side by side, or one above the other.

Regarding stage view, I think it would be great if users could set up a
> stage view display from OpenLPs screen/display settings.

I'm with you on that one, that would be one feature my church would require
if I'm to convince them to switch back to OpenLP.

Phill