[openlp-dev] New Windows Installers

Raoul Snyman raoul at snyman.info
Sun Apr 14 01:14:45 EDT 2019

Hi Martin,

Thanks for trying it out!

On 2019-04-11 14:07, Martin Thompson wrote:
> * The license in the opening dialog still has the ' how to apply this
> new programs' section on the end - is that intentional?

I'm actually thinking of removing the license at the beginning. It's
more used for EULAs, and the GPL is not exactly a EULA.

> * The only translation available was autodetect

Yep, this is a dev build, translations are not bundled.

> * I like the new splash logo (is it new? I may just be behind!)

Yep, new logo.

> * Then a crash (UI looks OK behind)
> ImportError: Could not resolve module sqlalchemy.ext.baked

I'm trying to figure out what is causing this. I think it's an
SQLAlchemy module that's not being bundled by PyInstaller.

> * (Noticed Windows defender firewall asking for permission for openlp
> connect. NOt sure if this is connected)

This is for the remote API. For some reason Windows seems to think that
listening on a port is a firewall-worthy thing.

> * reopening openlp - none of the downloaded songs/bibles/themes are
> available.

Yeah, that's because of the Exception in the Songs plugin. We have some
code somewhere which should allow the rest of the plugins to load, even
if one bombs out.

> * re-running first time wizard leads to similar crash
> Run  first time wizard in debug mode and logs are attached...

Yep. Again, seems to be a module that PyInstaller is not bundling.

> Let me know if I can provide any more info... I'll take a look at the
> rest
> of the functionality later..

Thanks for taking the time to test it out!

--
Raoul Snyman
raoul at snyman.info