[openlp-dev] UPDATE: New Windows Installers

John Morris johnathan.morris.58 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 11:58:11 EDT 2019

I loaded the 32 bit windows version on a Windows 10 32 bit machine.  This
machine already had Version 2.4.6.  This machine does not have VLC
installed on it.

The install completed with no errors.

When I opened the program I received two error messages.  Selecting OK
allowed the program to open up.

error 1 - seen multiple times
C:\Program Files\OpenLP\libvlc.dll is either not designed to run on Windows
or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the
original installation media or contact your system administrator or the
software vendor for support. Error status 0x000035a.

error 2 - seen only once
Unable to initialize the following plugins:Images
Media
VLC or pymediainfo are missing, so you are unable to play any media
See the log file for more details.

not sure how deep of a review of this build you want.....things I noticed
a) Under Settings-> Configure OpenLP there are 2 'Advanced' screens that
are the same.

b) I loaded a service that I had created in 2.4.6 that was upgraded when
this version was installed.  Opening caused new custom slides to show up in
the media manager....the setting is set NOT to import when opening a
service....

c) Doing a 'Tools->Update Theme images' deleted most of the themes that
were there after the upgrade.  It appears that only the themes in the open
service were kept.

John