[openlp-dev] UPDATE: New Windows Installers

Raoul Snyman raoul at snyman.info
Fri Apr 19 19:08:15 EDT 2019

> error 1 - seen multiple times
> C:\Program Files\OpenLP\libvlc.dll is either not designed to run on
> Windows
> or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the
> original installation media or contact your system administrator or the
> software vendor for support. Error status 0x000035a.

Good news and bad news in this one. Good news because this means that
vlc.py is picking up libvlc.dll. Bad news because it seems that the
32-bit build process is packaging the 64-bit libvlc.dll (my guess).

> error 2 - seen only once
> Unable to initialize the following plugins:Images
> Media
> VLC or pymediainfo are missing, so you are unable to play any media
> See the log file for more details.

Yep, I know about this one. It's related to the one above.

> not sure how deep of a review of this build you want.....things I
> noticed
> a) Under Settings-> Configure OpenLP there are 2 'Advanced' screens
> that
> are the same.

Two "Advanced", or two with the same icon? I did realise that the
Screens tab doesn't have the right icon, but I'm not aware of a
duplicated Advanced tab.

> b) I loaded a service that I had created in 2.4.6 that was upgraded
> when
> this version was installed.  Opening caused new custom slides to show
> up in
> the media manager....the setting is set NOT to import when opening a
> service....

OK, this is a valid bug. That shouldn't happen.

> c) Doing a 'Tools->Update Theme images' deleted most of the themes that
> were there after the upgrade.  It appears that only the themes in the
> open
> service were kept.

Yup, this is a known issue. We've talked about a potential solution to
this.

--
Raoul Snyman
raoul at snyman.info