[openlp-dev] Moving to GitLab/Licensing

Raoul Snyman raoul at snyman.info
Thu Apr 25 00:45:40 EDT 2019

Hi everyone,

I've created a page on our wiki[0] to keep track of our move to GitLab.
We've already moved the documentation[1] over to GitLab, and we've set
up CI[2] and deployment[3] for it. It's working great so far.

I've just kinda written names down next to projects on the list of
things that need to be moved to GitLab. If you're interested in looking
into moving a project into GitLab, please add your name to the list on
the wiki, and send a mail to the mailing list so that others know you're
wanting to work on it, and can co-ordinate.

We would like to move the main "lp:openlp" repository to GitLab by the
1st of June. Tim, Tomas, Philip and I will be going through the merge
proposals on Launchpad and where they still make sense we will be
merging them. Please try to be responsive, as we would like to get this
done as soon as possible so that we don't have to delay the move.

I know that there are some merge proposals which are not yet ready for
merging. If you can, try to get it to a point where it is ready. If it's
not yet ready, let's discuss our options (I'm thinking extracting a
patch and applying it to your git repository might work best).

Additionally, we're still hoping to re-license OpenLP as GPL 3 on the
1st of May. Bastian has submitted a large merge proposal[4] on Launchpad
which changes the license text in all the files. This will be merged on
the 1st of May.

[0] https://wiki.openlp.org/Moving_to_GitLab
[1] https://gitlab.com/openlp/documentation
[2] https://gitlab.com/openlp/documentation/pipelines