[openlp-dev] Introduction

Neal Hollingsworth nealanthony at gmail.com
Wed May 15 11:29:43 EDT 2019

Hi all,
  I recently started to play with OpenLP to see if it might be something
the church I serve at could use. So far I've been impressed and pleased
with what I've seen. Thanks for all they hard work y'all have put into
this! Hopefully I'll be able to contribute some, so I thought I would
introduce myself and start connecting with the dev team.

A little about myself: my background is as an electrical engineer working
with RF hardware, though I'm now a farmer(because why not?) I do have
experience developing in Python, but am self taught so probably have some
bad habbits. I'm currently serving a moderate sized church (a few hundred
active attenders) as one of the core/lead production volunteers. We tend to
punch above our weight, production wise. We run your typical lyrics and
sermon slides, multicam live stream our services, have multiple
overflow/common areas we send video feeds to, do some in-house video work,
are working on some more creative lighting, and generally do all the
production/tech things that smaller churches shouldn't! So, I'm always
looking for ways to do more with less and OpenLP looks like it has a lot of
potential for us.

I hope that I'll be able to contribute some to OpenLP in the near future,
so I'm starting to set up a dev environment for it, lurking in all your dev
Hangouts, and generally trying to figure things out. It's busy season on
the farm, and in my life, so I'll be a bit before I'm up to speed, but
hopefully soon.

All of that to say: Hi.

Neal