[openlp-dev] Introduction

Stephen Brown brownium at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 01:11:06 EDT 2019

Let me hop on the band wagon and introduce myself!

I have been using OpenLP for some years as the Worship Director and AV Director at my church.  One of the members of the church wrote a Planning Center plugin a year or so ago that has been a MASSIVE benefit to the church.  I know that code has been submitted to the project, and I would urge you to add it - without it, I simply could not coordinate the text that my musicians see (Planning Center’s Music Stand) and the text that the congregation sees through OpenLP.

I made a couple minor tweaks to the PlanningCenter Plugin, but otherwise haven’t dug into OpenLP much.  Like Ben, I just didn’t have time to learn my way around bzr.  I use git in my day job (developer at Dell Computers), and although I haven’t used GitLab, I’m happy to dive into it.

I’m primarily a Python programmer, fairly comfortable in Mac, Linux, and Windows environments, very little experience in mobile platforms.  I haven’t quite got my feet under me with the OpenLP code base, but as soon as I do, I’d be happy take direction on any undertakings with OpenLP.

Stephen Brown
Worship Director
Grace Bible Fellowship
Bastrop, Texas