[openlp-dev] Introduction

Benjamin Hoving benjamin.hoving at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 21:03:59 EDT 2019

Hello, everyone. My name is Ben Hoving. I have been lurking in the OpenLP
mailing list and Developer Central site for awhile and with the move to
GitLab, I decided there is no reason not to try to contribute. (I am pretty
familiar with git and GitLab but found bzr and launchpad confusing) This is
the first open source project I have ever gotten involved in and I am very
excited to see what it's all about. I got a merge request approved in the
last couple days and have a couple more pending approval/rejection so I
figured I should probably introduce myself more formally:

I am currently studying business and information systems at Liberty
University (taking online courses) and I act as a department manager at the
family business. I play guitar and sing with my church's worship team and
also help with the AV production side as well.

As far as code goes, I have been programming for the last 7-8 years. Mostly
Python, C#, and C/C++. I enjoy the back end work more than the front end
stuff. Anything database/API related is my bread and butter. I don't really
know where to begin/what the road map for OpenLP is so I am totally open to
being directed to specific tasks or being sent on bug hunts. Any pointers
in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the excellent product and I can't wait to contribute.

Ben