[Openlp-dev] Media in 2.6

David Wales daviewales at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 18:37:27 EST 2016

Hi Tim,

I’ve done some quick testing on Mac, and found a few bugs. I will group them by player:

Webkit Player bugs
1. Timer sometimes doesn’t progress as video plays. This happened multiple times, but now I can’t reproduce it.

2. On a single screen set-up, clicking on the progress bar to jump to a different section of the video causes the video to become paused IF you click on the progress bar, then ‘option-`’ switch to the video screen, then back then click the progress bar, and repeat a few times quickly. (On Mac, ‘option-`’ is like ‘option-tab’ or ‘alt-tab’, except it only switches between the windows of a single application.) (This is reproducible, but fairly tricky to reproduce, because you have to do it many times before it happens. Clicking the pause button, then the play button starts the video again.

3. After doing the above, I am unable to manually switch between media players. (Although after quitting and restarting OpenLP, the player I tried to select is selected.)

4. After quitting and relaunching with Webkit selected as player, a similar bug was found. If looping is enabled, clicking the progress bar very close to the end pauses the video. After this bug, you are still able to switch between media players without relaunching. This is what differentiates this bug from bug 2. This occurs in preview and live.

System Player bugs
5. Sometimes the video plays full screen, and sometimes it sits in the top left corner at its real resolution. I can’t reproduce this unfortunately, but it happened once while clicking through the progress bar, and switching between screens with ‘option-`’.
6.

VLC Player bugs
7. After quitting and relaunching with VLC selected as player,  it was found that bug 4. affects VLC player: If looping is enabled, clicking the progress bar very close to the end shows a black screen. Note the slight difference between this bug and bug 4. Bug 4. pauses the video (the image is still displayed). Bug 7. stops the video (a black screen is displayed). This occurs in preview and live.

General bugs
8. It was a bit tricky to test looping videos behind songs, because of the longstanding bug with transparent backgrounds on Mac. The only way I could get it to work was as follows:
Send song to live with transparent background.
Click on movie in media tab.
Click to replace live background.

This worked, but switching to a different song caused the video to pause.

Tracebacks

This traceback was generated with System player while trying to reproduce the bug where video is set to loop, and stops or pauses when clicked near the end. I can’t remember exactly what I did after that, but the traceback appears every time I try to send the video to live. Relaunching obviously fixes it. I can’t reproduce it at the moment, but I’ve seen this traceback a few times in testing. (It has occurred with other players as well.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Users/dwales/BTSync/Programming/OpenLP/media_timer2/openlp/core/ui/servicemanager.py", line 1462, in on_make_live
self.make_live()
File "/Users/dwales/BTSync/Programming/OpenLP/media_timer2/openlp/core/ui/servicemanager.py", line 1478, in make_live
self.live_controller.add_service_manager_item(self.service_items[item]['service_item'], child)
File "/Users/dwales/BTSync/Programming/OpenLP/media_timer2/openlp/core/ui/slidecontroller.py", line 808, in add_service_manager_item
self._process_item(item, slide_num)
File "/Users/dwales/BTSync/Programming/OpenLP/media_timer2/openlp/core/ui/slidecontroller.py", line 896, in _process_item
self.on_media_start(self.service_item)
File "/Users/dwales/BTSync/Programming/OpenLP/media_timer2/openlp/core/ui/slidecontroller.py", line 1363, in on_media_start
self.media_controller.video(self.controller_type, item, self.hide_mode())
File "/Users/dwales/BTSync/Programming/OpenLP/media_timer2/openlp/core/ui/media/mediacontroller.py", line 453, in video
if not self.media_play(controller):
File "/Users/dwales/BTSync/Programming/OpenLP/media_timer2/openlp/core/ui/media/mediacontroller.py", line 630, in media_play
if not self.current_media_players[controller.controller_type].play(display):
File "/Users/dwales/BTSync/Programming/OpenLP/media_timer2/openlp/core/ui/media/systemplayer.py", line 153, in play
if self.get_live_state() != QtMultimedia.QMediaPlayer.PausedState and controller.media_info.start_time > 0:
File "/Users/dwales/BTSync/Programming/OpenLP/media_timer2/openlp/core/ui/media/mediaplayer.py", line 172, in get_live_state
return self.state[0]
TypeError: 'int' object is not subscriptable