[openlp-dev] Optional Split Saga

Richard Graham richie.g at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 14:09:47 EDT 2017

> Currently, the buttons are labelled "Optional Split" and "Divide". After some careful thought, my wife suggested "Auto Split" and "Force Split". Does anyone have any other ideas?

Provided the new button's caption compliments the old one, then there
shouldn't really be any need to change it from 'Optional Split'. Thus,
I would suggest that they should be 'Optional Split' and 'Forced
Split' with - and my muscle memory would hate me for saying this! -
the new button being in place of the old one as it seems to be the
logical place for it.

(I've not seen how the new button has been implemented; I am assuming
that either the space below the current button has been used, or the
button has been split (no pun intended) in two.)

If we were going *really* verbose with button captions, perhaps 'Split
here if needed' and 'Always split here' would be the way to go! (I am,
of course, joking!)

Richard (richietheg)