[openlp-dev] Themes

Jonathan Corwin j at corwin.co.uk
Tue Oct 10 12:09:10 EDT 2017

Have any users actually reported this as a problem or requested it? If not,
I would just not worry about it.

I think trying to download or embed and install fonts in a cross-platform
way on various OS's and making sure everything remains portable is going to
come back and cause grief. Especially so if it is only done for a certain
number of legally shareable fonts - as once users have seen it work for one
font, they'll expect it to work for all.

I would expect the vast majority of people are happy just using the
operating systems built-in fonts anyway and transferring between
like-to-like operating systems.

The rest would have figured out how to install a font already, so hopefully
they'll know what they need to do on the destination computer.

If something needs to be done perhaps as someone suggested, a message on
theme export along the lines of "This theme uses the Comic-Sans font which
will need to be on the destination computer"