[openlp-dev] Actions from the Huddle (including for new contributors!)

Raoul Snyman raoul at snyman.info
Thu Apr 11 01:35:31 EDT 2019

Hey everyone,

There were various action items that came out of our huddle on
Saturday/Sunday that are unassigned, and a number of them are well
suited for folks that want to start contributing to OpenLP.

Easy
====

Smoke Tests:
We need a few people to do some basic manual click testing. Try
everything out. You'll need OpenLP checked out and running, but not much
more than that.

Update License:
We have a license header in all our files, this needs to be updated to
say that we use GPL3 and up. There should be an easy way to patch all
the files in a script. Chat to me if you need further direction.

Update About dialog:
The About dialog also needs to be updated. We need to mention that
OpenLP is GPL3+, and we also need to mention all the libraries that we
use, their licenses, and links to their web sites. Again, come chat to
me if you need anything.

Update check_dependencies.py:
This script needs to be up-to-date. Bastian has done a fair amount of
work on the dependencies, it is probably worth your while to speak to
him about it.

Update Wiki:
The "setup" pages for each operating system on the wiki are out of date.
Check the check_dependencies.py script and/or speak to Bastian.

Intermediate
============

Scripts bzr -> git:
In the huddle we talked about migrating to GitLab before releasing 3.0.
There are a number of scripts that we use that reference bzr or use bzr.
These will need to be updated.

Jenkins -> GitLab CI
We also want to take advantage of GitLab's CI infrastructure, and use it
for running our tests and building OpenLP for various platforms
automatically. I've made an initial stab at this, but if anyone wants to
run with it, let me know.

========

Image Manager:
The image manager is still needed for the remotes. We
removed/de-integrated it when migrating to WebEngine and Reveal.js.

Image Manager Performance:
We occasionally had some issues in OpenLP 2.4.6 with the Image Manager
not being performant. It would be a good idea to investigate the
performance of the Image Manager and see if we can speed it up/improve
it.

Meta
====

First alpha release:
We need to decide on when the first alpha release should be. I'll send
out a separate e-mail about this.

Second alpha release:
Same as above.

Thanks for all your help, everyone!